Cogent assists clients — primarily Indian tribes and tribally-owned enterprises — in all facets of business and economic development. From conceptual brainstorming and strategic planning to tactical implementation and capital structuring, we work to help clients diversify their offerings and increase revenues across all areas of economic activity.
Our network of financing and banking partners includes experts in the New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) and Opportunity Zone (OZ) programs, making it possible for us to develop the capital stack required to start new businesses, grow existing businesses, and expand via mergers and acquisitions.
Recognizing that the Internet has flattened the communications landscape, we also work with clients to develop online communications strategies that bring key messages directly to their target audience. This means leveraging best practices in web design and cutting-edge social media tactics to deliver optimized content to users where they’re most likely to be receptive to it.
- Assisted in successful acquisition of call center by tribal economic development authority
- Assisted tribal business in forming joint venture teaming arrangement with prime contractor on federal IT contract
- Assisted tribe in development of comprehensive economic strategy and commercial code to enable future tribal corporate development
- Assisted local political organization with Get Out The Vote advertising
- Assisted tribal enterprise in mobilizing grassroots support against a proposed state law that would have damaged their business