Cogent specializes in assisting tribal entities in accessing grant funds available from federal, state, and local organizations. Cogent’s experienced grant writers help tribal clients to identify relevant grant opportunities and develop responsive project concepts based on existing and planned tribal programs and priorities. Once an approach has been established, Cogent takes the lead in preparing the required grant application materials by the application deadline, working closely with tribal personnel throughout the process.
To date, Cogent’s clients have been awarded nearly a million dollars in grants from multiple government agencies, with numerous additional proposals being evaluated each month.
Examples of grant awards:
- $250,000 California State grant to conduct energy audits, energy planning exercises, and tribal utility authority formation activities
- $175,000 USDA REAP grant to install solar power array
- $105,000 EMDP grant to conduct solar power feasibility study
- $100,000 TEDC grant to conduct tribal energy utility and renewable energy distribution study
- $75,000 EMDP grant to conduct solar power feasibility study
- $70,000 US EDA grant to develop a Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS)
- $50,000 USDA REAP grant to install solar power array
- $50,500 EMDP grant to study biomass resource availability and potential for energy conversion facility
- $42,500 NABDI grant to conduct coffee distribution feasibility study
- $40,000 NABDI grant to conduct propane distribution company feasibility study
- $35,000 NABDI grant to conduct aquaculture feasibility study
- $20,000 NABDI grant to conduct call center feasibility study